Monday, April 25, 2011

Here Goes Nothin'...

And so it begins...

My name is Brennen Cull and I am a Catholic Youth Minister in Folsom,CA. Four years ago, God decided it would be funny to make me (a very unworthy man) a Youth Minister. And to really turn up the heat, at the same time He lead me into ministry, he also introduced me to my future wife and best friend (that story will be forth coming). Over the past four years God has shown what he can do with a unintelligent, but mostly willing, man. Lately, it has been on my heart to begin sharing my love of God with as many people as possible. All signs began to point towards blogging. I have been hesitant to start a blog because, let's be honest, blogging creates the assumption that people care what you have to say. However, as has been His way, God gets what he wants. So here I go!

This morning as I logged on the site to begin this amazing journey which will forever change the world of blogging (I must stay positive), I was met with my first stressful situation....what will my title be? It must be great, thought provoking, and if possible, subtly humorous. I mean this title may live on forever in Blogger infamy. As I randomly open the bible hoping to find some great message in our Father's word, I found that I did not approve of his choices of titles. I just did not think that 1 Chronicles 2:3 had that catchy ring to it that I was longing for, "...But Judah's first-born, Er, was wicked in the sight of the Lord, so he killed him." As I put down the bible, I decided that perhaps my muse could be found in the distinctive url that I was searching for. After several failed attempts at availability, I decided why not try the most obvious? Sure enough on the first try, dumbyouthminister.blogspot just so happen to be available (as fore mentioned God has one great sense of humor).

With my very appropriate name in place, I look forward to beginning this next phase in sharing my faith. As the title alludes, I am not a brilliant man or mind. I do not say this with any sense of self-pity or as an attempt at self deprecating humor. I recognize that I am not necessarily a dumb man (the point may be argued), however as we read in Isaiah 55:9, "As high as the heaven are above the earth, so high are my ways above your ways and my thoughts above your thoughts." Simply put, I am honored t have the opportunity to serve the Youth of His Church, and count myself lucky to have those rare moments of clarity in regards to His love for us. It is not clear yet where this blog will lead, but I look forward to sharing my stories and thoughts, as well as my questions, with anyone who is interested in listening. Thank you for taking the time to check out my first entry, hope you will continue to check in with me from time to time.

For His Glory

4 comments: